How to Get Rid of a Urinary Tract Infection Fast
A urinary tract infection is a disease which, if left untreated, will lead to more dangerous health problems. It is important that you find out how to get rid of a urinary tract infection fast before it falls to a more serious case.
How the Urinary Tract Works
The urinary tract basically works in the following way: the kidneys are responsible for eliminating waste as well as liquid from your blood in order to create urine. The urine will move through your ureters, which are tubes made up of muscle, all the way to the bladder. Now, the bladder is a muscular organ with nerves and connective tissues that looks and acts not unlike a balloon. It will increase in size when the urine enters it.
The bladder keeps the urine up until the time when the body emits it through a tube referred to as the urethra. The muscle groups which are responsible for the bodily process of the urethra and bladder neck are your pelvic floor muscles as well as your urinary sphincters. They both worth simultaneously whenever you are holding your urine in your bladder as well as eliminating the urine from it.
Steps on how to get rid of a urinary tract infection fast:
- Having yourself checked by the doctor and following his prescription is the fastest way to get rid of a urinary tract infection. He will likely prescribe some antibiotics and things that you need to do such as taking Vitamin C supplements and drinking plenty of water.
- You will likely need at least 5000 mg of Vitamin C daily, as this is an essential part of how to get rid of a urinary tract infection fast.
- Eating blueberries and cranberries or squeezing out their juices and drinking it are often done by those who have had a urinary tract infection and are said to be highly effective. That’s because these berries have antibacterial properties. Include about 3 to 4 glasses of the juice a day into your diet.
- Pineapples are also a great source of antibacterial properties, and a cupful can boost your chances of getting rid of the infection quickly.
- Frequent urination is necessary on how to get rid of a urinary tract infection fast. As you will be taking in lots of fluids, this will help wash away the bacteria that is clinging to your urinary tract. Naturally your body would want to eliminate it, so never hold it in.
- Wearing cotton underwear keeps your private area fresh and dry. Men are advised to wear loose underwear, and women must not obstruct the flow of air in their private area such as not wearing thick cloth and liners so as to avoid an overgrowth of bacteria.
- Part of how to get rid of a urinary tract infection fast is to ease the pain during recovery. Take a warm bath as well as apply a hot compress to the affected area. Do not leave the hot compress on while you are asleep.
If you want to get more information about how to get rid of a urinary tract infection fast, please click here.